No, ski clothing is not provided. All skiers at Tahoe Donner should wear appropriate ski clothing when on the slopes. Appropriate ski clothing includes:
- Waterproof snow pants and jacket
- Waterproof gloves (glove liners or hand warmers make for an even more comfortable day)
- Eyewear (sunglasses or ski goggles on sunny days, with clear, yellow or rose lenses on cloudy/precipitation days)
- Helmet (all students under age 13 must wear an approved helmet when taking a lesson, and we recommend helmets for all patrons at all times; helmets are included with all rental packages)
Other items that can improve your day on the slopes:
- Avoid cotton clothing and cotton socks, as they get wet and cold. Dress in layers. Wear three layers when the temperature is below 50 degrees.
- Wear a non-cotton base layer
- A polar fleece mid-layer provides great insulation
- An outer shell blocks wind and protects from the elements
- Wool socks wick away moisture
- Bring sunscreen and lip balm with SPF protection
- Stay hydrated for your high-altitude activities
- Eat a healthy meal before your lesson or program
Many items are available for sale in our retail store from 8AM-4PM daily.