Yes, you can get a season pass for your dog.
You must be a season passholder and have adequate paperwork filled out for your dog. You can purchase your dog pass ($50) at the Cross Country Center where we will take a picture of your dog and print a dog cross country season pass.
Please be mindful of the following dog-related regulations:
- Dogs are only allowed on specified trails and access is subject to blackout days and times.
- A day pass or season pass is required for skier and pet. Dog season passes are only available to season passholders.
- A maximum of one dog per one owner/approved handler allowed on the trails at one time.
- Dogs must be vaccinated for Rabies, distemper, and parvo.
- Owners must be able to control their dog by voice command and keep them within sight at all times.
- Dogs must be on leash in the parking lot and around the facility and may be off leash but under voice control once on the dog trails.
- Owners must maintain adequate liability insurance coverage at all times when visiting Tahoe Donner Cross Country Ski Area with their pet.
- Owners must pick up after their pet.
- Walking is not permitted on the trails
There are nine dog-friendly trails you can ski, snowshoe, or fat bike with your dog.
The dog trailhead begins at the corral on the south side of the building and leads to these trails:
- Piece of Cake
- Cup of Tea
- Big Dipper
- Boot Hill
- Dogs in Space
- Rust Never Sleeps
Dogs are allowed on trails on the following days and times:
From Dec. 25th through Feb. 28th (except holidays):
Monday to Friday — Dogs are welcome during operating hours
Saturdays and Sundays — Dogs are welcome before 9:45 A.M. and from 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. only
Holiday hours — before 9:45 A.M. and from 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. (Dec. 25th-Jan. 7th; Jan. 13th-Jan. 15th; Feb.17th-Feb.19th)
From Mar. 1st to the end of the season:
Dogs are welcome during operating hours