We recommend you have the following clothing in order to downhill ski:
- Waterproof snow pants and jacket
- Gloves (glove liners or hand warmers make for an even more comfortable day)
- Sunglasses for sunny days and/or goggles with lighter lenses (clear, yellow, or rose) for cloudy days
- You can rent boots, skis or snowboard, helmets, and other equipment at Tahoe Donner
Other tips for a comfortable day on the slopes:
- No cotton clothing or socks, as it gets wet and cold. Dress in layers. Wear 3 layers when temperatures are below 50 degrees.
- Wear a base layer, close to the body. Never cotton!
- Wear a mid-layer, like polar fleece
- Have an outer shell layer that blocks wind and offers protection
- Choose wool socks
- Carry sunblock and lip balm with sunblock
- Plan to stay well-hydrated for your high-altitude activities
- Eat a healthy meal before a day of skiing or before your lesson or program
Tahoe Donner requires all students under age 13 to wear an approved ski helmet when taking a lesson. We also recommend helmets for all our patrons. We have helmets available for daily rental or purchase in our retail location.